The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What Do You Say to the Missionaries?

I'm visiting at my sister, Marlene's, in Granite Bay. The missionaries called to say they needed to borrow a book and would drop by to pick it up. A few minutes ago as we were sitting in the living room we saw the missionaries walking up the pathway to the front porch.

"Helloooo," Marlene said, as she answered the door, "let me grab you," and she turned around to get the book.

"Let me grab you? To the missionaries?" I asked.

We started laughing. As so often happens, she forgot to finish her sentence as her brain was racing from one thing to the next. Such is the life of a busy mother of 6 active teenagers and young adults.

3 comments:

MAMACITA said...

Cute. So now I'm wondering what's MY excuse! No teenagers left at home here!!

Jacqueline said...

Question is -- were they worth grabbing?

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

It could be worse. I speaking to one of my students in Chinese and I was talking about milk and for some reason milk is slang for breasts. So anyone, I accidently said "grab my breasts" and he looked at me like I was crazy.