The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Dad is 95 Today

The Dr. Wilford Woolf Family--Pearl, Wilford (the younger), Lois, Anthony, Wilford, circa ???--best guess sometime before dad's mission (1936) but I bet when Dad reads this he'll be able to tell me from the model of the car which is either a Hudson or a Packard.

Happy Birthday to my dad, Anthony DeVoe Woolf, who is 95 today. He was born on January 23, 1915. As a young girl I never really did expect to see Dad live til he was 95 and I know he didn't either. He's outlived everyone in his immediate family even though he was older than his brother or younger sister. When I called late morning to wish him well he couldn't talk because he and Mom were on their way out to eat lunch at some restaurant to celebrate. I asked him the name of the place. He didn't remember but he knew it had good food and he knew how to get there, which is a good thing considering he's driving his car. Both of my sisters who live nearby are out of town and my brother, John, who's driving in from UT to spend the week w/ the folks arrives tomorrow. So although the nearest family members had a nice party for him last week, with sister, Sandy, making his mom's recipe of his favorite Lemon Meringue pie, today he and Mom celebrate together, without any of their 7 children around--sort of like when they started out their journey together 63 years ago.



Happy Birthday Dad! We all love you very much!

4 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

wow so cool! I feel inspired to write in chinese because of the previous commenter. 这张照片这么好看啊!!!

jowo said...

Vanessa, what's happening? What is everyone saying?

Valerie said...

What a great picture! Amazing how the picture of Lois reminds me of the pics of you and your sisters as girls. Happy Belated Bday! Love the pearls!Can't wait to see you guys in April at Kev's wedding!!

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

first one: wow great!
and mine: This photograph is oh so nice!