The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Monday, October 27, 2008

Couvade Syndrome http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sympathetic-pregnancy.htm


I knew this could happen to husbands but I didn't know it could happen to a mom who is the primary emotional and physical support during her daughter's pregnancy. When Chelsea tells her doctors that she's feeling cramps, my stomach hurts. When she has a leg ache, I start limping. When she's hungry, I start pigging out. As her abdomen grows, so does mine. Even when she was in the hospital again the other week and on a high dose of magnesium sulfate which caused her to completely lose all muscle strength, I developed a severe back pain and took too many muscle relaxants. What's up with that? My ankles aren't swollen but neither are hers. But we've both outgrown our clothes. So to combat this well-documented psychological disorder I'm forcing myself to get back to my walks. I started again today. My favorite walk is from Capistrano Beach to Doheny State Beach and Campsite. It's nearby and easy to get to, never crowded, and gives me the chance to not only enjoy the ocean but smell the campfires at the campground early in the morning, which often includes the aroma of bacon and pancakes. I love that camping smell. I should have been a gypsy and invested my money in a camper. There are a few local bums, oh, I mean homeless people that I tend to see frequently at a nearby intersection and often at McDonalds. One of the couples, I call them Farmer and Babe, have a pretty great getup. Farmer has combined a 2-man bicycle with a one-wheel carrier. It's very fancy. I wonder what they keep under the tarp. Any guesses?


What I see on my walk. Pretty cool, eh?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

why do i not come live with you? i want to walk along the beach everyday too!

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

heck yeah I would walk everyday if that was my course. BTW thanks for telling me about your blog! =)

Unknown said...

Does this mean you are craving In and Out too and want to go get it for me?

Lorie said...

So fun! I love your blog and will add it to my list of FAVORITES!

MAMACITA said...

Wow. That's an awesome little video. I was already hypnotized by the sound of the waves in just those 33 seconds.