The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Little Boy Blue Come Blow Your Horn

I had a short but great visit in Granite Bay and Auburn. Along with going to the dentist, my office, my folks, pizza with friends, and taking care of a little business, Eli drove down from Truckee and Sandy drove up from Woodland for dinner at the Gallachers which is always a treat (both the visits and the food). Oh yes, and of course some rounds of Mexican Train.

On Tuesday, my niece, Maddie, and I took Mom to lunch while Dad was at the chiropractor. We then went for a ride up Hwy 49 towards Grass Valley and later for a walk around the block. It was a warm clear green day in the Gold Country and pink with blossoms. Upon our return, I was working on some stuff for Mom in Dad's office. Dad came in and said he wanted to play his trumpet. He sat down on the sofa in the office but then said he could play better in his bedroom. As I worked on the computer and Dad ran through a few scales I heard Mom say, "Good, Tony!" or "That's great, Tony!" What a sweet experience to hear her enthusiasm.

What would we do without women in this world who encourage our gifts and talents and lend such great support? Here's to Mom who's stood by her man for the past nearly 62 years!

Tony Woolf, age 94, still swingin'

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Joyce, Having your parents still swinging at 94. What a great thing -- what a blessing! You have some good longevity genes my friend. You have a handsome, talented Dad too!

swmarble said...

Great picture of dad! I sure love your blog :)
Sandy

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

He plays the trumpet still!!!!! This man has a mind like a steel trap!

Caye said...

I wish I could have joined you on the walk! By the way, I laughed pretty hard reminiscing about my pepper salad! ha ha! Thanks for taking me to that. It was truly a blast!