The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Saturday, July 2, 2011

All Roads Lead to Paris

I started this morning at 6:30 to read the scriptures, but first I checked and responded to email, checked Facebook, and ended up in Paris:


Paris Vol. 5 from The Seventh Movement on Vimeo.


Just skip to somewhere around 13 to 18+ minutes for the part that helps me keep breathing.

Two hours later, the Book of Mormon is still not open. Sawyer is awake. And Dad has needed assistance from lying halfway off his mattress as he attempted to arise in some unusual position and didn't have the strength to get back on.

My journey with my parents living with me is now almost 10 months. They have had 2 stays in the hospital, 3 ER visits, countless doctor appointments, and multiple occasional caregivers passing through including Lei, my current all-time favorite. And now hospice for Mom. I've gained 10 lbs, an extra chin and many wrinkles. The antidote? My appointment with "The Perfect Workout" today at noon and my annual fee to www.picnik.com  so I can "soften" my photos or press the "look thinner" button.

Lei and Mom

2 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

grandma is looking pretty darn cute!

swmarble said...

I love this picture of mom with Lei. Really great. Thanks Joyce!