The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Favorite Veteran


Major Anthony DeVoe Woolf
(thanks Jay & Jeremy for this slide)

My dad, who will be 94 in January, served in World War II shortly after completing his LDS mission in Germany. The older he gets the more he shares with us his army experiences. We're hoping he's able to complete his autobiography that he's currently working on so that we will have all these stories saved for future generations. He is my favorite vet and I pay tribute to him and all those who have served and are serving in the armed forces. His younger brother, Wilford, also served in the war as a pilot in the Air Force. Uncle Wilford died a few months ago. Below is a picture they had taken for their parents

Wilford Woolf and Tony Woolf

I'm extremely grateful for the brave sacrifices my dad and uncle made for our freedom and our country and for the families they left at home who loved them, worried about them, and prayed for them. I love you, Dad!

2 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Cool! I didn't know he was writing an autobiography! I'll be very interested in reading it!

MAMACITA said...

Sweet. I'd like to 'second' all your sentiments about Veterans and those who currently serve!