The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Friday, January 2, 2009

A Brand New Year-2009 is for the Divine!

I have successfully managed to not wear any makeup on my face for the past 5 days but I am accruing some nice baby spit-up on my shoulders.

Me the past few days

When I was selling real estate ALL THE TIME I felt like I could never go out without being ready to face the world in the best sense because it seemed no matter where I went I'd run into someone I knew. I love the anonymity of where I am now. I don't know nuttin' and nuttin' don't know me. Besides, I choose baby spit-up over Lancome or Chanel.

For young mothers who are dying for a night out on the town, let me tell you, the day will come when you don't care about that quite so much, and nothing is sweeter than taking advantage of the time you have to hold and nurture the little ones so blessedly entrusted into your care.

However, yesterday around 6:00pm, Chelsea, Sawyer, and I went for a little drive to embrace the new year which included a stop at my favorite walking beach. It was dark and foggy as we pulled up into the parking lot. I turned off the car and told Chelsea I'd be back in a moment. I ran down across the sand, rolled up my comfy sweats, and waded into the black water, just enough to feel the cold waves and grainy sand swoosh around my ankles. A few people walking by decided it was such a good idea they might try it, also. Another woman with a child in hand commented, "Very adventurous!" My thought was it was the best way I knew how to say Happy New Year to Me. And so, beginning a new year today, January 2, I don again lipstick and mascara, blush and eyeliner. Inspired by the peacocks I saw strolling around my sister's front lawn on Christmas Eve day, I'm back to strutting my stuff.

Me now...Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That second pic is tres bueno.