The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Li'l Toot


Remember the little tugboat that could? Sometimes, when discouragement comes to pay a visit we just need to keep thinking We Can Do It. One of life's perplexities for me, however, is the answer to "I can do what?"



Be that as it may, I love this little tugboat. Sometimes I see it out in the bay. Sometimes I see it docked in the harbor. It inspires me.

I used to call myself "Small but Mighty" (a name, by the way, that baby Sawyer's nurse gave him today, although Chelsea and I see him as not so small anymore). Sometimes I just call myself "Small". And then I see my tugboat--I get to thinking about tooting my own horn again, heading back out to sea, and looking for the next shipwreck to save.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You've saved more shipwrecks in your life than most of us will ever see. And I'm never too good to discuss shows with you - I'm simply no longer obsessed with One Tree Hill and the other teen soap operas I had been sucked into. I'd give almost anything to have TV again, to be honest, since I come home to a very lonely existence, but I tragically don't have that option lately - stupid bills are taking my entire income. I spent a total of $90.00 on food in the month of Jan. That's pretty much a record for me :) More pictures of Sawyer, please!!!!

Unknown said...

p.s. Did I tell you about the blog I found called the Magpie Files? It think you'd like it. http://magpiefiles.blogspot.com/
It's a woman in England who blogs pretty regularly. She calls her husband MrM, her children MasterM and MissM, and she has a soft but insightful sense of humor. Her posts always brighten my day.

jowo said...

thanks for the tip of the magpies. I will look into this