The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blue Skies Ahead

Manuel Antonio Park

Thank you Facebook for letting longtime but not forgotten friends reconnect.

When I found Nancy Bailey who had also searched for me but spelled my name wrong (and frankly, who can blame her because who knows which of my last names she used?) and received, I'm sure, a heartfelt but not acceptance-expected invitation to join her and her boyfriend at their new digs in Costa Rica, I was all over it. In the past week I have had so much fun receiving emails from her asking what I'd like to do and see as she sends suggestions, including checking out Manual Antonio Park. That is definitely on the list. I've never been to a real rain forest. Long Beach and New Orleans Aquarium of the Americas don't count. I'm looking forward to the howler monkeys although Sawyer is making remarkbly similar sounds himself. And 30+ years ago I used to read a children's book to my kids by Gyo Fujikawa that included a picture of a sloth. Now I might see one in the wild, not just at a zoo, or the one looking back at me in the mirror. Along with all this I hope to be the girl in the pink dress experiencing many slothful moments. Sofa be gone...hello hammock!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will be the girl in the bathrobe on the sofa. I'm jealous...