The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve and I Hear Jingle Bells

Last Saturday, Chelsea, Sawyer, and I left Dana Point for Granite Bay. What normally takes less than 8 hours took about 10 with the 3 times we stopped at truck stops to feed Sawyer. But what a good little traveler he was.

Sunday, I enjoyed visiting my old ward which, in my opinion, has the best ward choir in the whole church. I went up to sing the Hallelujah Chorus with them for the last number. This choir is so large that sometimes it seems there are more people singing in it than in the audience. After church we had a great chicken dinner at my sister, Marlene's, and introduced Sawyer to his great-grandparents and the rest of Mar's family.

Monday, my mom was having some health problems so we went to Auburn and packed up a suitcase to bring her down to Marlene's. Dad seemed relieved to have a little time out and said he was going to go to see the movie, Australia, and have a steak dinner.

On Tuesday, Chelsea and I drove down to the Bay Area to introduce Sawyer to his Grandpa Lynn and Uncle Jim, but first we stopped in Woodland and introduced him to my sister, Sandy, and most of her family. After lunch and a visit with the Storeys, we made our way over to San Francisco for a walk around Fisherman's Wharf, ate dinner at Alioto's No. 8, and spent a few hours at the stores at Union Square. A day in San Francisco at Christmastime was a tradition for me as a child and I was happy to be able to help begin this tradition for Sawyer. Okay, maybe, one-time occurence. It was cold and damp and a little rainy and just perfect!

We miss having Brittany, Jordan, Annie and Jakey here, but know that they're having a great time in Park City and Cancun, and hope to see them sooner than later. Eli and Reggie, the Dog, braved the snowstorm coming down from Truckee and made it for Christmas Eve dinner. They, too, got to meet Sawyer. The weather was pretty sketchy so we're glad they arrived safely.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Dad and Mom meeting their 15th great-grandchild

3 comments:

MAMACITA said...

Wow. That is just the sweetest picture ever. Merry Christmas! Loved your Christmas newsletter--as always. I didn't send out any cards this year---a case of The Faster I Go the Behinder I Get.

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful picture -- one to be cherished! You had a busy traveling Christmas -- glad it went well!

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Wow! My grandparents look adorable!