The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Some Favorite Things

In the past week the following really good things have happened:

I reconnected with a friend and hairstylist that I knew in TX who always does the perfect blonde for me and Chelsea, works out of her home in Tustin, and was willing to delay a road trip to Tucson just to fit us in with our bad roots and frazzled hair. She doesn't do hair to make a living, she does it to provide charity to the down and out, ie. us. Can there be anything more that I would want for Christmas than a visit to Gina's? I think not, but then...

She told us where to find a Chick-Fil-A on our ride back to Dana Point. A CHICK-FIL-A! Chelsea and I both love Chick-Fil-A and haven't seen one since The Woodlands or Austin. I heard one had come or was coming to Roseville, but never saw it. We often talk about the places we miss in TX, like Taco Cabana, Pappacitos, Guadalajaras, Ninfas, AND Chick-Fil-A. Well we drove right there and had ourselves some good ol' chicken sandwiches and WAFFLE FRIES! Yahoo! Surely Santa had come early, but then.....


I received a box of See's Peanut Brittle on my front porch as a little gift from a dear friend who lives out-of-state. PEANUT BRITTLE from SEE'S! We ate it in 2 days--it was so good and yummy.



Now I was truly feeling the Christmas spirit and needed nothing more, but then...

Yesterday, a gift arrived in the mail from another dear friend in Reno. Of course, I couldn't wait to open it, so I didn't, and it was a bottle of Estee Lauder's Beautiful perfume. I instantly sprayed it on me and became beautiful. Last September when I was moving down from NorCal this friend helped me pack my house and while I was hot, sweaty, and grungy, she remained calm, cool and Beautiful, which she was wearing. I hadn't smelled the fragrance for some time and it just brought back such great memories of when I used to wear it. Apparently she remembered my comment on how wonderful it smelled, because here's a precious bottle of it, now sitting on my kitchen counter (where I left it after I wore it).
Is this a great Christmas season or what? I'm typing this blog with little Sawyer sleeping on my lap. I'm hearing baby squeaks, and eating See's, and looking blonde, and smelling beautiful. I look and smell like Gwyneth Paltrow, Estee Lauder's spokesperson ( but when she starred in Shallow Hal).

In order to express my gratitude and contribute also to charity I just donated a little money to http://www.reachthechildren.org/


I can't wait to jingle all the way on our drive back home this Saturday.

1 comment: