The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, here we are, February 14th, and on this 10th day of things that I love I'm focusing on, you guessed it, LOVE. Today I'm including random photos capturing this all-consuming often elusive emotion. When I lived in TX I used to hostess Valentine's Day luncheons. Some of my friends are still living there. Some have moved away. And some have passed on. We sure had great times at those parties wearing crazy hats, sharing personal stories and celebrating LOVE together.


Brittany and Jordan got married in June, 2001, in Washington, D.C. Almost eight years later I'm out in Boston babysitting my two grandchildren so Britt and Jord can enjoy a much-needed Valentine's dinner together without having to pay $12/hour for a babysitter.

But I'm the real winner. Look what was waiting for me by my bed when I arrived at 5:00am on the redeye from Long Beach.
Last May my niece, Brittlyn, married Brandon Doyle. We all shared their love story, from the official engagement under the stars and the limo ride the previous December, to the dancing at the reception in the old red barn after the temple marriage.

In sorting through some of my parents' files I came across this newspaper clipping dated May, 1947, from The Deseret News.
Here are my folks at Ruth's Chris Steak House, celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary, April 29, 2007.

As a hardcore insomniac I believe the following quote sums it all up :

"You know you're in love when you can’t fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams" -Dr. Seuss

5 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

cute pic of grandma. I love that quote!

Valerie said...

I've never seen that clipping. I'm so glad you keep such good care of our family history. I'll have to ask you about Sarah Devoe sometime. I don't know much about my Woolf geneology

Kathleen said...

I was thinking of you and yours today, so thought I would look up /catch up on your blog - just wanted to say hi and thanks for being so darned entertaining....

Jacqueline said...

I love the picture of your parents!

MAMACITA said...

Have enjoyed reading and seeing the people, places and things that you love!