The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Day 8 in my Valentine's Day countdown of things I love is friends. Not only do I have friends in all my brothers and sisters, but I've been fortunate enough to find and make friends wherever I've lived. Below is a picture of my 6th grade class at Harding School. On the middle row where the girls start you see from L to R: Martha, Sheila, Helen, Marilyn, Dorothy, and Janet. On the bottom row girls: Me, Gail, skip one, and Joan.

Fast forward to my 40th high school reunion in 2007 with a Bluebird/Campfire Girls Pre-Reunion earlier in the afternoon. Below, find on the back row, L-R: Marilyn, Sheila, Gail, Joan, Martha, Janet, Dorothy, Helen, and Me.

Before I moved to Dana Point, I had lunch with some of my friends at Pizza Antiqua, including Karen Madsen, and Charlotte Christensen.

The best part of all my moves as an adult is the people I've met, the people who have become my longtime friends. The one I've known since the day I was born, the one who moved across the street when I was 8, the ones who went through Harding, Portola, and ECHS with me, the roommates from BYU, the Benicia gal, the one who lived up the street in Danville, the ones in my Chicago book group, the ones who lived in my wards in TX, the recent ones in California, I love you all.

No comments: