The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Arkeybald!

Annie, Brittany, Jake, & Jordan Archibald 6-4-09

June 30, 2001...ah, I remember it well. Brittany and Jordan were married in the Washington DC temple. It was a sunny rainy humid day. The power went out in the Marriott Hotel where we were staying. Forget about blow-drying my hair for the reception. The real question was, would we find our way down the stairwell? The flowers were beautiful, the food delicious, but nothing compared with the ceremony performed by Jordan's Uncle Bruce Hafen. It was a wonderful time with great memories. And then the plane that was supposed to take the happy couple to Bermuda was grounded for the storm. So they ended up spending the next day at Jordan's parents, opening presents, while Chelsea and I, oblivious to their plight, roamed around the mall. Do you think they could have called me? Do you? Do you? (okay, I threw all that in for Brittany because she still hasn't forgiven me for getting rid of Orange Kitty, that is to say, adopting her out to a nice family in the ward).

And now, 8 years later, 2 precious children and one on the way, 3 degrees under their belts, with 4-6 moves behind them and a few more to go, they're better than ever. What a team...what a family...what inspiration! I love you all...very very much!!!!!

But such a shame for his million dollar education they couldn't get the name right.

4 comments:

Brittany Archibald said...

I won't even comment on the opening presents comments, b/c you redeemed yourself with the nice words to Jord and I following it. Jake just found the mini pic of Sawyer under followers and said, "Sawyer...UHHHHH." Gee, I wonder who he learned that from?

Unknown said...

Britt - I won't even comment on the opening presents comments butI can't believe you didn't call us to watch you open gifts when we were still there. How rude!!! :)
Happy Anniversary.

Jacqueline said...

I remember Brittany's cute little teenage face from my Woodlands Days. I knew then she'd grow up to be smart, beautiful, kind and a great wife and mom. She had a wonderful example (Mama Joyce) to learn from!

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

I love how someone in the crowd was like "whoooo arkeybald!!!" after the woman said his name wrong.