The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Sunday, June 7, 2009

If You're Fond of Sand Dunes and Salty Air




I'm back from New England and have lots to talk about but company's coming tomorrow so things will have to be put on the back burner again. However, I had to post these pictures of Jake and Annie's Crocs and their treasures. Jakey was playing with the McDonald's kids meal toys while we were at Cape Cod and Annie was collecting sea shells. She also wanted to make sure I got a picture of her Cheez-Its. Unfortunately, Annie buried her dinosaur and when it was time to leave she couldn't find it again. In desperation she went from mound of sand to mound of sand digging away. Nope, nothing there. Perhaps that was her first experience in the vastness of the "sands of the sea".

Okay, one more picture.


There were some men from the Hyannis Port Conservation Department bagging clams. They had a few on the end of the truck that were separate from the rest. I told Annie she could take one home with her. Unfortunately, we didn't remember about it until several days had passed and Chelsea started commenting on the "strange" smell in the house. Ah yes, the clam had begun it's stealthy getaway. Stinky! Stinky! Poor little clam had to go down the apartment trash chute. Poor apartment trash chute collectors had to deal with it along with the MOUNDS of diapers that also went down the chute. Those guys are unsung heroes.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to hear more details

Jacqueline said...

I'm excited to see more pictures too! I love the croc pictures. I often wonder what I did for shoes before they were invented. They're not too attractive on people my age, but sure are comfy!