The Mercy Finder

The Mercy Finder

Friday, June 26, 2009

Welco Babbe Cousi

If my goings and comings are confusing you, well they're confusing me too. However, since I just returned from the Babbel Cousins Reunion in Midway, UT, I thought I'd quickly post that today and then get back to my previous ramblings later.

A perfectionist might be bothered by the sign below. However, not I. Wrapping the remaining letters around the corner I hoped we were smart enough to figure it out considering we're loaded with doctors and lawyers and plenty of Indian chiefs. But ya never know with this crowd!


Grandpa and Grandma Babbel had 9 children and 59 (there was much confusion and many inaccurate guesses as to the actual number but I know I'm right, in true Babbel fashion) grandchildren. Two died in infancy and one more was adopted later on, bringing the final tally to 60. About 27 or so, along with some spouses, were able to get together. For 5 hours on June 20th we ate, kibbitzed, sang, laughed and cried. Testimonies were shared along with the ever famous "Cisco Kid". One general conclusion was drawn by all...We're proud to be part of the Babbel Family. What a heritage! What a legacy!

Brad Harper, DDS, Blackfoot, ID, carrying on Uncle Wendell's tradition

L-R back row: Dennis & Joanne Smith,Sandy Marble,Marlene Gallacher,Cheryl Munns,Joyce Woolf
2nd row from top: Wendy Babbel & Larry Ferguson,Brent & Kim Harper,Candy & Rob Bateman,Brad Harper,Bruce Harper,Candy Croft,John Woolf,MaryJane & Dave Babbel,Darrell & MaryAnn Back,Norman Schenk
3rd row from top starting with red pants: Connie Brundage,Bernie Mortenson,Gayle Woolf,Ann Babbel,Fred & Soni Babbel,Kay & Jim Ivins
front row: Kelly Gallacher,Fred Woolf,Lee Brundage,Jay Munns holding Samantha,Bill Woolf,Brian Harper,Gary Babbel. Ivy Chase, Doug Cloward, and Bret & Mariana Harper had to leave before we could actually get organized for a picture.

You may be surprised to learn that I actually hail from tall folk. For instance, cousin Bruce, the one whose head is between my two sisters, Marlene and Cheryl, is actually standing on the ground...not on the hearth like those of us on the back row. The only ones there, shorter than I, were Samantha Olea Munns, 12 months old and of course, Baby Sawyer, 7 months old. I'm tired of being the runt in the family but occasionally it comes in handy for, oh, say, 6 hour plane rides to Boston.

1 comment:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

I bet my dad had fun showing off that cute itty baby!